Monday, December 19, 2011

Santa 5K Hustle -Dec. 17th

On Saturday, I ran my second 5K race.  It was called the Santa 5K Hustle, located downtown Indianapolis, in White River State Park. I found out about this race when I received a Groupon for 1/2 price. :) So, I had to do it, right! Three others ran with me: Alicia Adcock, Evonne Hammel and Jessica Andrews!  We all had to wear Santa hats, beards, and shirts!  It was very festive and fun!  There are around 2,000 people participating in the race. 
We ran around the White River, which was kind of dirty!  So, there was not much to look at during the run.  But, I was excited that it decided to snow, as soon as we started!  What a nice surprise!

Along the race they had different stations to stop at:
Mile One: Cookie Station
Mile Two: M&M Station




My music choice for the Race was Christmas tunes!  As the race started, "It's Beginning to look a lot like Christmas" was ringing in my ears.  Very appropriate. And made me dart out like a rabbit.  But I began to slow towards the end.  I have a problem with starting out too fast, then losing steam towards the end of the race.  This is something I will need to work on in future races.
My average mile time was 9.47 min.  I placed 444th out of 1,478 timed and 29th out of 143 in my age bracket (ages: 30-34).  Overall, I am satisfied with these results! And I beat my previous race time. 

The picture to the left is a view of all the Santa lined up at the start line, in front of the NCAA building.  Overall, it was a very fun experience.  I would do it again next year.  Maybe we can get a larger group of Santa's to run with us!  :-)





No comments:

Post a Comment